Monday, July 13, 2009

Visiting Friends

David and I had the opportunity to visit some good friends this past week while we were in Missouri. On Wednesday, we made a day trip to Columbia and spent the entire afternoon catching up with friends. After a fabulous lunch at Flat Branch, we headed over to Lindsey and Travis's house to meet Logan. Lindsey had Logan on May 29, so this was a big deal to me. I had to wait a few months before meeting Reese (Lindsey's first) and getting to meet Logan at 6 weeks was awesome.
Lindsey keeps telling me that Logan is fussy, but I don't know what she's talking about. He slept practically the entire time we were there.

It was so nice to talk to Lindsey and get good "mommy" advice and information. It's always nice to get insight from someone who's already been through the experience - twice. Plus, we got to see Reese again. She's so fun to watch. Lindsey and Travis have done a great job raising her (not that they need me to affirm that), and she entertained herself quite nicely while we talked. She's pretty impressive for a little girl who's not yet 3. She's such a cutie!

And what a beautiful family (Travis wasn't home yet).


After leaving the Bedford's we went over to have dinner with the Rouder family. I haven't had the opportunity to see them in a few years. I use to work with Ben when I was at MU, and he was one of our ring bearers at our wedding 3 years ago. Now, Ben is 10, Tomas is 7, and Emily is 5. They are each very bright, creative children. We brought some root beer over from Flat Branch and Emily told Tomas to try it. After he tried it, she told him, "It's good root beer isn't it, Tomas? First the flavor hits you and then the taste." Becky and I agreed Emily could be a sommelier for children, recommending the appropriate soda/juice/water to go with their meals.

Becky made a delicious dinner for us. I'm probably going to get this wrong, but I think we had Parmesan-encrusted chicken with capers, sesame noodles with pesto, and a mixed green salad with cranberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, blackberries and pecans. Yummy!

After dinner we got to view one of Ben's videos on YouTube. I'd post one if I knew the link or title of the clip. He's very talented. Before we left, I made sure to get some pictures.

(Ben is on the left, then Emily and Tomas)

(Emily, Becky, and me)

It was a great day, and it made us long for the day we will be closer to our family and close friends. Now that we have a baby on the way, we think even more about going back to Missouri. Maybe someday soon. So, that happened...

1 comment:

  1. Very cute pictures, you are glowing in the picture of you holding the baby, and such a natural :)

    ReplyDelete